If you are planning to hire a moving company to assist you in relocation there are a few things that you need to know to ensure that the moving services you are hiring are trustworthy and reliable.
Before you decide to choose anyone, it is always better to do adequate research in order to know the different services, prices and other details involved in the moving process.
Here are a few tips you need to remember when hiring professional movers Chicago.
- Schedule an appointment and ask the moving company to come to your place and see your household items. After that, narrow down your choices to the best moving companies you come across. Compare the services offered by different companies and ask them to negotiate the price for the services.
- Additionally, if special packing services are required to pack any of your household items, it is always advised to ask a moving company for packing services.
- Make sure to ask the type of price charged by the moving representatives. Most professional movers offer hourly, flat rate and you can pick the one that suits your requirements the most. People who need local movers Chicago can opt for hourly rates while those who need to move from one state to another can opt for the flat rate.
- Don’t forget to get a written estimate that states all costs related to moving. There must be no hidden costs and everything should be included. Additionally, if you find hourly rate best for your needs, ask the moving company to include the hourly rate and additional charges that may apply.
- Make sure to know whether the company will provide services on their own or give the work to someone else. If sub-contractors are working for you, ask the company to give details on the movers who will be doing the job. You can even read these 10 hacks to make your move as simple as possible.
It is also advised to start the job of moving at least 4 – 5 weeks before the planned date. In this way, you can avoid any unnecessary nuisances.